Friday, September 21, 2012

oh the cracked back of the chair will just heal itself?
what's next?
the tree that was this chair will start to grow again?
through our floor
and up into the apartment above?
you can dream a man a new set of lungs
but you can't cook them up

you are the man in the center of the room
saying "I'm dying"
i'm across the ocean
composing a letter
"pater, odi et amo"
can i make it easier for you to die?
if i write
Cruel Man! He Who Belittles Even the Caesar! You never feared the noisy, grinding gears of my brain and so neither did I. Days were I learned to talk real big at your feet. Days were you smashed girlhood on a marble floor of derision. Day was I put it back together again and realized your fear meant the newly glued together object was oh so powerful. Joke's on you, but thank you? Ah Progenitor, he who gave us our family name, Eternal Peter Pan, I wish I could wash your embittered soul in the cool water of mine.

what do you wear to the funeral of your personal boogey-man?
what do you wear when you loved him?

No comments:

Post a Comment