Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Echo poems

This is surrealist poetry by eliot-n-fox in the style of call and echoing response. that is: one person scries, the other cries its opposite, and so on.

written in a small cabin filled with the anxious insanity of early late twenty-something, surrounded by a dark winter garden, surrounded by the quiet vigilance of pines, surrounded by an inky black sky, surrounded by a world at pains.

YOUR DEAD MOM IS HERE WITH ME

Speak slow, my bones are still waking up

                                  I flash through the inter webs like neon panda and open all the windows
o p e n i n g
  l i
    g h
       t s
          t r
            e a
              m s
                  i n
                                    myselftiny
                                     hateways
                                           i

I'M THE FUCKING BEST THING SINCE GOD AND I HATE ALL YOU HATERS CAUSE YOU DONT SEE IT

                                sh, i'm still asleep and
                                   your dead mom is here with me.
                           



TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT

Religious turmoil steers our fate.

                                   Prodigious rock'n'roll leers at the gate.

Who goes there?
I do not know
your guitar Gods

                                           hey sweetheart, it's me i miss you i love you
                                                i'm sorry please forgive me     it's me     it's me

Get off the phone, Susan.
Eat your boogers and say your prayers.

                                                   get off on the phone, Susan--
                                                      yeah, yeah. eat em. yeah.
                                                           say it -- say it -- tell me what you really want




I HEAR THE GLASS EMPTY

Fawn settling into my belly,
lay low the fear-of-crazy
hermit's glee
esoteric rabbithole
down the fog-float-ing-on-the-pond,
i drink deeply

                                    Empty tightening of
                                        never knowing enough.
                                        I get strung out on surrealism
                                        daily. Strange. Satisfying. Say yes.
                                        Silence. The one language we all speak.
                                        My mouth is parched.

I'VE GOT IT I KNOW
I KNOW ENOUGH, I'M FULL
YOU THE STRANGE, YOU THE
      STRUNG     OUT
IT IS TIME WE SPEAK
THIRSTY MOUTHS WIDE
SAY  (YES)  SAY  SAY

                                         you don't need to scream.
                                         sticks and stones make up my bones
                                         and words are the dirt i eat.
                                         here. drink some water.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment