Monday, July 29, 2013

twitching with the flies

like skin wrapped around a void,
the hollowness of being a vessel-channel
today the echoes are loud

it is a beautiful day,
the lady came by to confirm that we demolished the greenhouse
and filled in our poop hole.
we did a good job
even where the rules don't make sense.

fox found some huge zucchinis in the garden
and i have stopped twitching with the flies.

i am having a hard time, feeling really unclear,
broken record player on repeat,
ungrateful for the chocolate cake of my life which has been placed before me
because what can i do about trayvon martin
what am i doing about international human rights violations
running through, could i be making more of a difference if i offered my body and my spirit somewhere else

but, there's also,
today
here,
this is my life.
intricate, spiralling, not totally consumable-comprehensible,
watering the garden, smoothies, empathic,
learning myself and learning this place and signed up for a course on anatomy and physiology
because i never want to stop learning
because there are so many books in the library...


No comments:

Post a Comment