Monday, December 26, 2011

Mish mashed raw pumpkin rose thorns

lavender lavender sage healing herbs a positive outlook McDonald's closing down in Bolivia"they're just more into empanadas than big macs down there" christianity the crown of thorns is (just) pagan sun-worshipping

imgres.jpg


That is Mount Athos, a peninsula in Greece where only monasteries exist, as they have existed since the 4th century. They are self-sufficient, use Byzantine time (where the new day begins at sunset not midnight), no women are allowed, and they pray non-stop, and for 8 hours each day collectively in the church. Long beards, golden icons, and magnificent cliffs over the aegean.

Wow. My brother is there right now. Maybe he will decide to become a monk?

Found a dead seagull today.

Find myself able, this time around, to release judgment... or at least not get emotionally caught up in the ecological/political concerns I have with my family's lifestyle. I feel peaceful... practicing guitar, walking, being present with my parents. I feel also a very slight but very real worry that this release from attachment is allowing me to be too comfortable with what is...?
(refrain: you can't change anyone, you can only inspire through being yourself)

It was great to see many of you recently in Oakland and redwood-land. Ended up the next night at a "naughty Santa" party in Santa cruz with a mostly middle-aged crew, where I felt suddenly very out of wack, like all the things I'd been defending/advocating about the west coast new-agers were suddenly spun round round wrongside down. thankfully music and contact dance always soothe the spirit. grateful for all the different perspectives. grateful for you and you and you and you and you and yous who I didn't see too.



No comments:

Post a Comment