Thursday, July 22, 2010

in germany beyond it

a little bird
falling asleep on life´s branch
also forgets to sing.
stay awake little bird.
don´t you know how i listen and look for you
somebody is always listening and looking for you,
you affect the quality of the days.

summer beats down hard on a little river in germany.
the river and the hills detest this city heap.
i need to leave because the river told me it is going
to rise to the height of man
which is all will take to swallow it gone.

what does it take?
to protect my aliveness.
normative europe, though it be cobbled and castled, is a tomb.
must i go put my thumb on the road
in flight for new faces and hope?
what does adventure look like?
i know it aint a present out there waiting to be unwrapped

i fold myself differently each day anew
my dance is a bit slower and doughy
but i still dance,
friends in heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment