Saturday, July 3, 2010

today i watched a honeybee
fight the wind
and make love to flowers

how many sighs need one expel
before she can lay herself over the world like the moon
tucking in the light and lambs,
the liar and lover
or kiss their brows
like a single swift raindrop
or the butterfly that revisits after several years

swoosh
i know the time has passed
and you fear me a different force
a strange spirit with stranger skin
but look at my wings
they still like to fly
look at my stance
i beckon to bow
pull me in and let me stay a while

let me learn
let me worship again
let me live and make love to flowers


3 comments:

  1. wow this resonates
    with me
    & m.oliver
    & to you faraway
    & richness and sadness in the world
    thank you thank you. i love your streams.

    ReplyDelete