Saturday, November 6, 2010

***bliss*** reality

At burning man I had done contact improv in center camp with a robed and bearded young boy a couple of times, run into him round heebeegeebees and asked, "where are you from?"
"from everywhere."
turns out he's from here, for now at least. Back Home at the spontaneous rainbow gathering that's happening in the redwoods of mendocino county. I've found myself a new spot, a shakti-flow place where I live and work with a crew of travelers, artisans, musicians, healers, and gardeners. I'm milking goats twice a day and trying to mate Puja with Zeus (he chases after her with a painful-looking erection while she bleats and poops), clearing garden beds to plant garlic, kale, and cover crop, and getting into long psycho-spiritual discussions with Kris and Mateo where we drift through utopias and ram-dass style ruminations on breathing (all over sprouts and steamed squash). Yeah, I can see myself sticking around here for a while. Kris is all about ayuasca and soma, super-medicines from the Amazon and Himalayas that make your eyes sparkle and clear your mind. There's a make-shift temple for meditation and yoga, and all work is cosmic (no hours, no numbers). Stace sells djunn and cheesecake at different concerts in the area and seems to know everyone in mendocino.
I've been thinking about attachments- to my own desires, to friends/family, to goals of personal development-- in contrast with Mateo and Yanti's style of drifting around the earth. It's making me put to rest a lot of the questions and plans I had had floating around in my head in order to just be here until the next opportunity arises. In any case, Venus is in retrograde and it's going to be difficult to make big decisions until the last week of november. May retreat from communication for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow
    i was just thinking about shakti flow yesterday night.
    i'm glad you found goats and kale and hippies again. i hope you get back in touch on venus' return. don't do anything i wouldn't do!
    lelz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gee this is so wonderful to hear! particularly the bit about drifting has been floating in my head as i find myself sometimes planning planning anxiously and other times wanting to surrender myself to the flow of people and opportunities and worlds...
    sounds like beautiful new friends; hope to see ya soon if you're in some communicational orbit as i pass through
    love!

    ReplyDelete