Monday, February 28, 2011

Jupiter is passing through Aries, which explains all this luck I´m experiencing....

Guatemala, lago d`atitlan. San Marcos is a little town on the lake where every other house is a meditation or healing center. Music every night at the ganesh collective, up the giant elephant trunk staircase. I feel a bit like I´m back in California with the new-age hippies and rainbow kids down by the lake, but then I walk up into the village and am greeted by all the guatemalan families, the kids asking for a quetzal, the girls wondering about my jewelry.

A coincidental series of events upon my arrival led me to climb up the mountain and find Fernando´s house, an architectural masterpiece in progress with the most fantastic view I´ve ever seen. You can see the entire lake, the volcano, and all the surrounding villages. He wasn´t there upon my arrival, but a young Austrian traveler gave me a pair of keys and said I could probably move in. My room has a buddah on one wall decorated with turquoise and sea shells, opposite a mural of the ruins at Palenque.
Met Fernando yesterday- a Mexican man in his fifties who made a lot of money when he was younger, and since then has been living in ashrams, traveling, and being an artisano. His dream now is to turn this place into an eco-community to survive next years financial apocalypse, and so he´s grounding out to build and garden. He even has another piece of land in Oaxaca which is Plan B if San Marcos gets swept away.

He´s open to Brea and I doing whatever we want while we´re here-- painting, gardening, chilling. He´s not interested in money and just wants to make community. To share love and spiritual growth. I am so astounded by this blessing. Wow. I sense I´ll be making a home and sticking around for a while, maybe taking some shiatsu classes, but mostly reading, writing, and helping build up on the hill.

Ripe mangoes, pineapple, and avocado... rainbow family... a room of my own surrounded by coffee plants and banana trees. Somehow it keeps getting better.

I´m learning that the more specific intentions I have for my space, my life, my crafts, the better they manifest. Have been doing a lot of mind-mapping to clarify what this world can be for me. And it seems to work.
I feel somehow overly positive for this blog, but it´s like- damn, there is another reality out there if you are open to it. As Don Juan says, just watch for the signs.

1 comment:

  1. thats what i like about your posts is the reminder of one of the many other realities. i feel this in some sense or another every time i speak to a friend in another place... i hope the boundaries b/t realities remains fluid?

    ReplyDelete