Friday, July 10, 2009

Becoming ten foggy plateaus

Bod-mod day (yesterday). Four piercings, a button tattoo, scissors, peroxide. A total of six deflowering holes. (Elliot met a seven foot tall black bear, wrestled with it, and extracted the leaves and sticks from its asshole that it uses to keep out bugs while hibernating). Deflowering. A claim that your body is your own as well as an alienation from it, as the metal instantaneously crunches through cartilage. You become yourself at the same time as yourself becomes something else. Infiltration.

If I were to tattoo myself I would want a swarm of cicadas and/or bees set to engulf my back. I want to stop identifying with discrete people, images, and symbols and instead become part of a swarm. Become infiltrated by a swarm. All we see of a cicada is it reproducing and dying, becoming something else. Death, birth, drugs, music and drag (sometimes), castration? (think of the castrati's voices!), how else do we become?


1 comment:

  1. i like this idea of swarms, swarming, drowning discreteness.
    this is different, but in my dream last night there were many snakes and i awoke thinking of shaving my head and covering it with snaking bodies that would hide and slither under my hair until freed with cathartic buzzing noises.
    that would probably hurt though.

    ReplyDelete