Tuesday, May 1, 2012

would you leave me?

frank,
did the fatty chanteuses make millions off of one single heartbreak in your day too?
did your friends have a thousand word business cards?
[did you ask, what should we call me?]
we both see the special providence in the fall of a pigeon, now don't we?

ffffffffrank, frankie, frankssss, frank frank frank
i'd tattoo your face on my face if it weren't so fucking tacky
can we go at my speed for just a mo, a mo-mo-mo?
i got gum in my hair and rainwater in my shoes
girls like me are so much more fun when we're rich
teach me penniless fun
or do you not know it?

you and me, principesa
will you get on board with my new hardness?
------> will you love my face if i am snarling?
or
alternate scenario:
better yet
you've always known
that someday you would have to sharpen your tongue on the whetstone of my failure but it still seems like tumbling into dog's mouth where you'll find a beehive full of tiny assassins who will whisper "GO BACK GO BACK GO BACK" and still you'll keep on tumbling because if you don't...well things will stay the same and that would be so very very wrong

i've been where you've been monsieur o'hara
am i where you are
the cliff face of goodbye
it is hard to remember that just because a thing ends (or seems to) does not mean it had no worth to begin with
a thing can be eternal if it is repeated
your day
my day
teach me penniless, monastic, friendless fun

No comments:

Post a Comment