Wednesday, May 9, 2012

stuff from before

stay away speaks the kitchen
stay away speaks the girl with the large orbs running long on the face
you have no power here

untethered to the bounty of human
unkept by many my kind
confused by my own skin,
what keeps me here and makes me even a thing ?
i slink closer to the moon
i wade deeper in the sink
behind me,
my imagination slides down the wall
i make out what it thinks

it is a time-engorged romance
just me myself pulsing on the brink
there is symphony in silence
there is no escaping in this drink
no
not this time
and as the ostentatious grows farther
steps taken away from the prattling parade,
--the yelling need to be heard, the commandments, the unplaced fury of our time--
those subtler forces and the soft of heart come in
the ducks of the pond,
the cat from beneath the couch,
the eternal embrace of my ribcage,
the stars,
the lovers and the poets,
all in search of the space where they will know
we will know
that they are precious.


*******

facebook has got it all wrong
yes we all need recognition
we need reflection
what's going to show us back to ourselves so we know that we exist
but without a surrounding story,
without being led through the mouth of myth
we are dangling diva
we are pretty face without a purpose
when in fact we want to play a role
we want to know our special power
who are we in this scarey, sacred of all times
what stories have called us forth?
awakened us from the grave
why are we here and how can we help?

No comments:

Post a Comment