Saturday, August 29, 2009

well met, internet

hey guys, this is Meghan, or m. t. raptor, to use my nom de whatever the fuck it is I do. I believe I know most of you, but to those I haven't met: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. hey.

I got a letter/envelope of magic from z in the mail today, which I devoured post haste. while I was pouring myself a bowl of the disgusting sugary cereal I so adore I suddenly noticed what really seemed like a slug on my thumb, which I flicked off in surprise even though I actually enjoy slugs (and their eyestalks) a lot. and then I couldn't find it again! since I still haven't been outside today, I can only conclude that this sluggish buddy journeyed all the way from port angeles to see me, and upon arrival I gave it nothing but a cruel thumbnail. alas.

so how about this fucking weather, eh chicagolanders? I can pretty much guarantee it'll get disgustingly hot again before real fall arrives, but I'll take this while I can get it for sure.

that's all I got for now, but in future I'm sure you'll get to read plenty about the wonderful world of community college and my attempts to waste less of my time. or maybe I'll actually have some thinky thoughts that need airing. we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. hiwelcome!
    funny i got a rubber worm from z...this could be the start of some kind of coast-midwest species invasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not send you a slug, though banana slugs are native to these parts (and there is an alien/non-native species of black slugs that are also about).
    banana slugs are hermaphrodites but they have sex with each other anyway, both impregnating and impregnated by the end of it all.

    hm i wonder what i did send you...

    ReplyDelete