Sunday, September 6, 2009

Homecoming: Monday the 14th

I just spent the loveliest evening with the Silverleaf clan, gorging, being gorged upon (by Connecticut mosquitoes), and flying high in chairs on chains and ferris wheels. Also dodging old acquaintances (not mine) and dwelling on where we come from. Lots of vocalisations of how good it's all gonna be soon, and my whimsical friend I find less whimsical, maybe a bit more mischief showing. Did you all know that Tamara now has the power to part crowds with her bad-assery? Perhaps it's just CT crowds...

Work is staring at a screen and trying to push pixels in the right direction to make a pretty picture. Fun has been ridiculous sex, long walks and talks, museums, well-written television, and Settlers of Catan. Days are full, but not vigorous, which I miss. It's like I can feel the pulse of Chicago, and it's only getting stronger. I was happy to get away, get a break, but I don't belong in streets where everyone is either in high school or their wealthy middle-age.

I'll be back in about a week to join in the frenzied rituals of 5491. We talked much tonight about how great each of our buddies is, and I cannot wait to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. parting crowds wheeeeeeeee
    is it your blond hair?
    your smiling face?
    your intimidation Tactics?
    pray tell.

    this house misses youuuu

    ReplyDelete