Thursday, January 28, 2010

j in mexico


after first civ class finished we were suddened off to mexico city where it seems i went to become the epitome of poop. i smell like it, i look like it, i live it. i must have eaten something fucked up at the beach. just started taking antibiotics because i think pooping like this is not supposed to go on for too long. i sit in the hotel for days, high up, watching the chilangos being fed. none of us earn our food around here except in the typical way of spending money on it. this city is too large for the senses, overwhelming sounds, smells and such.

i can no longer see my life in my body, it's looking like a stranger to me.
and
all the people on this program are sex and body starved
i have an empty hotel room, mundane sterility
but still
when the outlet in the wall winked at me i knew things had changed for the better
i take my clothes off and my form celebrates itself. my ass is round and soft, my legs hang off the bed and the eyes roll over. i fall asleep as i am, as what i am. i dont have to know anything to be anything.
i do a lot of sleeping.

we leave on friday, back on the neon stenciled bus to oaxaca through the golden cacti mountains

so empty days standing before me to be filled like baskets
what a task to fill a life like a cup with something sweet and important
in my own place this hard work and harder in mexico.

2 comments:

  1. omj
    i wish u would post more
    also
    ifyouarestill the epitome of excrement
    you could try my trick - mix raw garlic with your food (not gross at all, really) at the rate of .5 to 2 full heads per diem.
    good luck and please make the most of your otherworldness
    love
    leli

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont have to know anything to be anything
    buying is not earning, buying is not possessing

    these stuck out to me

    also leli's advice reminds me of russell, awww

    ReplyDelete